Sunday 15 January 2012

Fresco Hat

I mamaged to persuade DD1 to put on her new hat and let me take a photo when she got home from school on Friday. 

Please ignore her hair - it's thick and slightly wavy and she hadn't been in long!

The yarn's King Cole Galaxy in Neptune.  It's the same yarn I used for DD1's garter stitch scarf a few months ago.  The pattern's Fresco and is an easy knit, made in the round from the bottom up and only took a couple of days to finish.

The yarn even behaved nicely so I ended up with a black crown.

And the sequins were nice and evenly placed.

I made the larger size as I thought my tension might be tighter than the pattern stated and also because DD1 has all that hair to get a hat over!  The only modification to the pattern that I made was to make it less slouchy than the pattern said, mainly because I only had one ball of  yarn.  I'm glad I did though as any longer and it might have started to look droopy rather than slouchy.

So, that's two FOs in January which is good because I popped onto the Kemps website yesterday to look at a yarn that someone had mentioned in a Ravelry thread and before I knew it I'd bought 4 x 50g balls of Regia Flusi sock yarn and 20 x 50g balls of Rowan RYC Cotton Jeans.  I'd looked at the Cotton Jeans before with a view to making a simple cardigan or tunic-type sweater and it was 99p a ball.  The whole order including P&P came to just under £30, but it does mean I'm very much in the negative with regard to yarn used vs yarn bought!  More on that next time - the 'challenges' I've signed up for in 2012 deserve a post of their own!

1 comment:

  1. It's lovely! I had a look in my LYS recently, but they aren't selling this yarn. Just as well, because I really don't need any more yarn! And I've always resisted the temptation to look at the Kemps website, and I think I'm going to keep it that way!!! :)

    ReplyDelete