.... so progress on my Deco cardigan has been minimal.
I mentioned that I'd started a stripey Baby Surprise Jacket using various acrylic yarns I'd got in stash. Well, I finished that one, which was in boyish colours, but I'd also got a couple of half-balls and odd balls in pink, plus a ball of yellow acrylic DK, so I cast on another one in girly colours.
I've still got a fair bit of DK acrylic to use up, but the various knitting groups in the Colchester area have undertaken to make 100 hats for the premature baby unit at Colchester General Hospital, so I shall be casting on and making a few of those. The pattern we've been given is from the hat cuff up, with a seam at the back, so I shall probably re-write it so I can make it in the round from the crown down to the brim.
Back to knitting on Deco now. I've finished the second sleeve cap and have done about 10% of the sleeve, so still have about 100 rounds to go before the cuff. Better get on with it really.
The postman delivered my copy of Ysolda's "Little Red in the City" this morning. I've had a quick look through, but because I wanted to finish the second BSJ, I haven't had a chance to have a proper look through it, although I think I shall certainly be making Cria as I think the pattern will be well suited to the Ethical Twist I bought from Kemps a few months ago. I'll let you know what I think of the book once I've had a chance to read through it (although I suspect I'm going to like it!).