Friday 14 March 2014

Puffin Sweater

Last week I showed you the beginnings of a new sweater I've started to knit.

The pattern is Puffin by Kate Davies, from her Colours of Shetland book.

While I like the colours Kate used on the yoke in her original, they're  not really 'me' colours.  Several months ago now, before I got distracted by DD2's pink sweater and the alpaca fleece, I and my mother had a trip out to Woodbridge, a town not that far away in Suffolk and we visited Twist yarn shop.  I'd been there before and knew it was a very nice shop and that it stocked Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift.  I spent a while browsing the shelves of the various colours that Twist stocks and came away with ten balls, nicely packaged in a cellophane bag.


Obviously you can't see the colours properly through the cellophane, so here they are, laid out.

Colours are a bit richer in reality!

The yoke doesn't need ten colours though, so I shall be playing about with the balls, putting them next to each other and seeing how they look and then I'll make my final selection.

I think I'll have plenty of time to play with the colour combinations.  I only finished the 27 rounds of k1, p1 ribbing for the body of the sweater yesterday and have only managed two rounds of stocking stitch today.

Did I mention that I think this sweater might be some time in the making?



2 comments:

  1. Lovely colours Christine. I look forward to seeing how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colors are gorgeous, Christine. This is going to be a fabulous sweater.

    ReplyDelete